Friday, February 10, 2006

Minix Update

(For everyone that's following the Minix's ministry in Peru.) I talked to Andrea Minix a few days ago, and here's an update on how they're doing (reprinted with permission):


Feb 4th, 2006

Dear Michelle,

We appreciate your words of encouragement and prayer for us. We definitely need the Lord's people praying for us every day. Jayson and I are doing well. We have just completed our 2nd week of language school. Our teacher says she is confident that we will be speaking Spanish very well by our 6th month. I hope she is right. Right now it seems like it will be forever before we are able to understand and speak fluently, but we are learning a little more each day.

Today was my first day to walk to the grocery store by myself. (Jayson normally goes with me). It's not very far of a walk. The grocery store is about one block from our apartment. It's a simple enough task, but the thought of going by myself the first time was a little, well....terrifying. But the Lord gave me courage, and I had no problems at all.

I am very glad to hear that you are praying for us to endure difficult people with Joy. The culture here is a bit different than what we are used to and sometimes we have to deal with difficult people. (Not that they are necessarily trying to be difficult, but sometimes the way they do things is difficult.) Just please pray that the Lord will continue to give us patience.

Thank you once again for sending us a note. Hearing from people back home sure is a blessing. Give our regards to everyone at Southside.


Yours in Christ,
Andrea Minix
John 10:16



Please continue to pray for the Minix's as they seek to share the Gospel with the lost people of Peru.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»