Friday, November 25, 2005

A Meditation on Our Lords Prayer

Hello All,
I read this today and I'm not sure who the author is but wanted to share it with everyone. It is called "A MEDITATION ON OUR LORD'S PRAYER." As I read it I began to ask myself some questions that caused me to evaluate my own heart. As you read this I pray that you would gleam from it whatever the Lord would have you to see in your own heart.
A MEDITATION ON OUR LORD'S PRAYER:
I cannot pray OUR, if my faith has no room for others and their needs.
I cannot pray FATHER, if I do not demonstrate this relationship to God in my daily life.
I cannot pray HALLOWED BE THY NAME, if I am not striving with God's help, to be Holy.
I cannot pray THY KINGDOM COME, if I am unwilling to accept God's rule in my life.
I cannot pray ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, unless I am truly ready to give myself to God's service here and now.
I cannot pray GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD without expending honest effort for it, or if I would withhold from my neighbor the bread I receive.
I cannot pray FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US, if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.
I cannot pray DELIVER US FROM EVIL, if I am not prepared to fight evil with my life and my prayers.
I cannot pray THINE IS THE KINGDOM, if I am unwilling to obey our King.
I cannot pray THINE IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY, if I am seeking power for myself and my own glory first.
I cannot pray FOREVER AND EVER, if I am too anxious about eachday affairs.
I cannot pray AMEN, unless I honestly can say, "Cost what it may, this is my prayer."
How many times do we pray and our hearts are not right with God? We have lip service but do our actions show the world that our lives are totally surrendered to God? Are we trusting God with our whole heart? God knows what is in our heart and we cannot hide anything from Him, so why do we live our lives like we can hide from Him? Are our lives charaterized by being obedient to God? Are those around us encouraged to experience and express the glory of Jesus Christ by the way we live our life? Are we infecting those around us with Christ?
Serving Our Lord Together,
Michelle Harrison

4 comments:

Jeremy Turner said...

This was very interesting to me. The only part of that I've every really meditated upon was the "Our Father" part. Good truths and exhortations!

Your Brother in the Lord,
Jeremy

Aaron Turner said...

Thanks Michelle for sharing this with us. I have added your blog to the ones that I will be checking daily.

Very convicting! God help us to pray right, with the right motives, attitudes, and actions.

Bethany said...

Thank you!

Heather Livingston said...

Michelle,
Glad to see you could join us:)
Thank you for the self-check on what my motives are in my prayer life.
I am looking forward to your posts.
Love ya!